When We Are Closed
If the surgery is closed and you urgently need to contact a doctor, you can ring the normal practice number and will be put through to the 111 “Out of Hours” medical service via a direct divert . Your call will be dealt with by a doctor or nurse.
Local Hospital Services Providing Emergency or Urgent Medical Assistance
24 hour A & E Departments
- William Harvey Hospital: Kennington Road, Ashford, TN24 0LZ (01233 633331)
- Queen Elizabeth The Queen Mother Hospital: St Peters Road, Margate, CT9 4AN (01843 225544)
24 Hour Emergency Care Centre
- Kent and Canterbury Hospital: Ethelbert Road, Canterbury, Kent, CT1 3NG (01227 766877)
Minor Injuries Unit
- Minor Injuries Unit (8am-8pm every day) – Folkestone Walk-in Centre: Royal Victoria Hospital, Radnor Park Avenue, Folkestone, Kent (01303 850202)
Out-of-hours services are generally busy so please think carefully before asking to see a doctor and only do so if you genuinely cannot wait until the surgery re-opens.
Download the WaitLess app to see current waiting times at all nearby urgent care centres to help you decide which centre to head to for fastest treatment.
In a genuine emergency you should call 999. Chest pains and / or shortness of breath constitute an emergency.
DentaLine is the NHS's emergency dental service. DentaLine can treat patients who:
- are bleeding heavily (haemorrhaging) from the mouth
- have an injury to their teeth or mouth
- have severe facial swelling
- are in pain that started suddenly and cannot eased by pain killers
NHS charges apply at all DentalLine centres. For information about NHS dental services and costs see NHS Choices.
Patients should telephone the centres before attending and will be assessed during their call to determine how urgently treatment is needed.
For emergency advice or help in finding your local Kent Dentaline service
Phone: 01634 890300
You will find the phone number for the local Social Services office in your telephone directory. If it is an emergency and you need to contact Social Services outside normal working hours call the number below and ask to speak to the duty officer.
Phone: 0845 762777